20 March 2013

Hello Sunshine!

Hello sunshine, hello spring, hello everything!

Uh oh, it has been 5 months since I posted last... and let me tell you that was a fast 5 months!! I have been on the go since Fall. It's been one thing to the next: finished my degree, got a job, moved into a new home, participated in a craft sale, celebrated Christmas, adopted a couple of kitties with my boyfriend, took a trip to BC, did some skiing, took a course for work... needless to say, there's hardly been room for crafting, let alone blogging about my crafting!

Alas, I registered for the latest online card class called Pattern Play. It's Day 3 already and so far I am loving it. I absolutely love the projects every designer makes so I am excited to have the opportunity to learn from them. I've already made one card using a few easy tips I learned from Day 1. 




I also made this card compatible with the guidelines for Hero Arts Monthly Contest. It's been a while since I submitted anything!!



I started with Jennifer McGuire's tip on using striped paper. I stamped and embossed the Hero Arts "Wildflower Garden" image on the tag. Then I mounted it on a "solid" color. And finally I embellished it, but only a little ;). I love the bright colors and contrast of this card. So warm. And how fitting because today is the first day of Spring! Yay! (It was absolutely gorgeous here in Calgary today.)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment